[0IP-16] Deploying 0VIX on zkEVM Mainnet

Proposal

The Protocol proposes to deploy on Polygon’s zkEVM that’s expected to launch on mainnet on March 27th.

This comprises of the following vote:

• Whether 0VIX should deploy on Polygon’s zkEVM.

Motivation

zkEVM is a decentralized Ethereum Layer 2 scalability solution utilizing cryptographic zero-knowledge proofs to enable fast and secure off-chain transaction computation also referred to as ZK-Rollup. zkEVM promises to be the scaling solution that can facilitate mass adoption of Ethereum whereas current POS technologies could not handle the required throughput.

If you would like to learn more about zkEVM, please check out this recently-published thread that contains lots of useful information here. You can also read more about Polygon’s progress and achievements in their Blog post here.

0VIX was the first money market that went live on zkEVM’s testnet. You can read more about it here.

Since zkEVM is EVM-equivalent, deploying 0VIX on the mainnet would not require massive development efforts, and being one of the first money markets to deploy on ZK mainnet would provide 0VIX with a strategic advantage.The zkDeFi narrative could drive significant user growth for 0VIX. Users would benefit from security, privacy, and lightning-fast cheap transactions.

Notably Polygon offered the opportunity for 0VIX to become an official zkEVM launch partner of Polygon.

Details

The proposal recommends launching on zkEVM beginning with four markets including ETH, Matic, USDT & USDC. All these assets will be collateralizable and have the same LTV as on 0VIX on the Polygon POS chain.

Quorum Standards

The options with the most votes will be adopted.

Voting period:

• 2 days

Vote options

Vote a) Deploy 0VIX Protocol on zkEVM’s mainnet.

• Accept the proposal: Yes
  • Further discussion needed

0 voters

16 Likes

This is important, we need to be amongst the first on zk EVM. Resounding yes from me!!!

7 Likes

No brainer, get first movers’ advantage and have a robust testing by the time zk gets more traction.

3 Likes

A straightforward yes from me! Can only be better!

2 Likes

This is an interesting proposal. My vote is a yes. I just voted!

2 Likes

Having the opportunity to be among the first protocols on zkEVM is something that shouldn’t be given a second thought. This is the future of DeFi and 0VIX should be all-in…

Hell Yes!, from me

1 Like

So someone wants a “further discussion” on launching on zkEVM mainnet after 0vix has been one of the few protocols championing zkEVM for weeks? :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like an exciting opportunity for 0VIX to deploy on Polygon’s zkEVM! The benefits of security, privacy, and fast transactions could certainly drive significant user growth for the protocol. It’s great to see 0VIX being one of the first money markets to deploy on the ZK mainnet, giving them a strategic advantage. Looking forward to seeing how this proposal progresses.

1 Like

I vote yes, but just for the fun of it can we hold a space going over doom scenarios like a degen?

1 Like

YES!!! I fully support this!

3 Likes

Voted “Further discussion”, for not being with technical background…

1 Like

Great proposal, first mover advantage.

3 Likes

congrats to all, first of it’s kind

1 Like

GG guys, first L/B protocol on Polygon Zkevm it’s a milestone

1 Like

At the time of the token’s launch, wouldn’t it be better to make it a claimable token but escrowed for a significant number of blocks in order to reduce the selling pressure of the token?

1 Like

intersting idea, how exactly would you escrow it/make it claimable?

1 Like

Yeah! When a block grants permission to the escrowed holder to claim their official tokens. This would certainly guarantee some counter-offensive of the volatility of the token.

For exemple, when 0vix grant permission to claim 0vix token, the holder receive an escrowed token like (esc0VIX token).
After X number of blocks, the real 0VIX token can be claimables.

1 Like

Sure, my vote is yes we must see energy and new things coming up. Here from Brazil Rio de Janeiro.

1 Like

One of the best improvements that 0VIX can achieve. I already lent and borrowed some tokens and it worked smoothly. 0VIX should enlarge its supported tokens on zkEVM as the chain improves itself.

1 Like

That was really a good decision to launch on #zkevm we will move together with #zkevm from starting phase and will stay forever

1 Like